Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice about how to deal with my in-laws, help!!?

Here's the thing; 18 months ago I was working for this guy, he was married with 3 children, and in the duration I was there, he constantly made sexual advances towards me, on 2 occasions he attempted to try and force himself on me, and when I refused to perform a sex act on him, he sacked me, anyhow, this man owed me 2 months pay, he ignored all my calls asking for the money and being so silly, I never thought to go to the poilce about his behaviour ( I was 19 and frightened) anyway, because of loosing my job it lead to all sorts of problems at home, my dad simply refused to believe he had sacked me over my uncooperation to please him sexually, but lack of knowledge on the system meant I didn't really know my rights and within 6 weeks of being sacked things had become so bad at home I left.. anyway, walking past my ex employees office one day (it was a small office and only he worked there) I noticed he had employed another young, attractive girl and I was furious, he still had not paid me and due to all the problems, I was living in rented accomodation and not speaking to my family. so I stole his cheque book and wrote myself out cheques for the amount he owed me, anyway, to cut a very long story short I was arrested and given a suspended sentence and community service, my problem now is, my fiances parents know about this ( it was actually reported on in a local paper) and they will not talk to me, we have recently bought a flat together and they have not been here, before they knew about what I had done I never felt they liked me, I overheard his mum calling me lazy, even though I have a full time job, I make my fiance breakfast before he goes out, lunch to take with him and dinner when he is home, I do all the washing and most of the cleaning, also, due to him not having an overly high income I pay the mortgage- I have never been nicer to his parents but they hate me, me getting into trouble was a complete one off, I now have a very good job in journalism, I take excellent care of my fiance, he has never once gone home crying over me- these people are ever so set in their ways and rather small minded but it is causing such problems, my fiance refuses to think there is a problem, i have seen various texts on his phone from his mum obviously trying to seperate him from me, long before they knew about me getting into trouble they excluded me, now it seems they are using this as an excuse, in the last year I have really got my life together, I am so happy in every other aspect but his parents cause so many problems between us, what can i do? how can I deal with this??Advice about how to deal with my in-laws, help!!?
you did sth illegal and you paid for it. that should be the end of the matter, but apparently your in laws TO BE are not ok with it. just re-read the words in capitals. you are basing your happiness on people who are not related to you in any way.


maybe you also need to look at your own behavior. you are acting guilty even tho you paid the price for your crime (a crime i wd have committed too!) by spoiling your man you are showing him that the crap his parents are feeding you does not matter. stop trying to prove that you are not lazy- they have made up their minds about you. and if your fiance will not step in to protect you, perhaps you need to ask yourself why you feel you must stay in the relationship. seems to me you are the only one in it anyhow. sit them all down and tell them that they can either accept you for who you are or they can go hang.Advice about how to deal with my in-laws, help!!?
Just leave them as far as you love him and heis not making you sad,just make him happy and leave them en assume they exisit

No comments:

Post a Comment