Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How to organise everything in a house. from caepet,sofa cleaning to arranging books in racks. advice needed.?

Get a diary and set up a schedule in it.





How often you shampoo your carpets and clean your soft furnishings depends on how much traffic there is through the house, and the type of traffic there is.





I have children and animals. I bought a carpet washer two years ago, and I think it was the best investment I ever made, as it means I can shampoo my own carpets once a month, and quickly deal with spills or accidents as they happen.





Because I have kids and animals, I also have couches with removable covers for washing. I wash those once a month (at least), and wash all throws and small cushion covers once weekly.





My curtains are also washable, and I only wash those about four times a year.





Everything in my house has a 'home'. I'm a lazy housekeeper at the best of times, so unless I do it that way, nothing would ever get done! Everything gets put back where it came from when we're done using it, so that there's no build up of clutter and mess.





I have wooden floors downstairs, I wash them daily - takes about ten minutes. If there was any mess or clutter lying around, I wouldn't bother!





Upstairs I have carpet, so again, I can vacuum in about ten minutes in the morning, as long as there's nothing in my way.





Bookshelves and filing cabinets are my downfall! No advice there, I'm afraid. I buy a lot of books, and hate to let any go, so about once a year I will strip everything back to the bare minimum and donate what I can bear to part with to charity. I have to say that my bookshelves are packed to the brim at the moment. Likewise with the filing cabinet.... I promised myself I'd do a big clear out over the holidays, but so far I've found excellent excuses to avoid it!





I think it all comes down to a system - once you set things up so that the basic cleaning and tidying can be done quickly and easily, the rest can be worked on.





I set myself one chore daily in addition to the quick basic run through, so that on Mondays, for instance, I clean the kitchen - ie fridge, microwave, drawers, cupboards and shelves - takes about a half hour. Tuesdays I clean all downstairs glass, Wednesdays I do big tidy out of airing cupboard and wardrobes, Thursdays I do the bedrooms - dusting and tidying and changing bed linen, Friday is upstairs glass and yardwork. I allow about a half hour and work fast to get it done - then I can forget about it for the rest of the week.





I also think you should never spend more than an hour over the day doing housework - any more than that is too much! I think a half hour in the morning and another half hour in the evening is plenty.





Good luck - I hope you get everything organised!How to organise everything in a house. from caepet,sofa cleaning to arranging books in racks. advice needed.?
FIrst - get rid of the clutter - a good rule - throw out one bag a day of junk until you feel that that clutter is under control. Then start one room at a time. Do not start on new room until the other ones are done. It is very important to keep decluttering all the time. One new thing in the house - get rid of one old thing. This will help keep the house looking very organized.How to organise everything in a house. from caepet,sofa cleaning to arranging books in racks. advice needed.?
Do it room by room make a list of what needs doing give yourself a time slot for each job then tick it off the list when its done asking family and friends to give you a hand as well could be helpful I know how you feel I ve got lots to sort out as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment