Monday, August 23, 2010

Advice on how to sing Metal?

Does it have anything to do with having a good voice or is it just passion? If I want to start singing I prefer a growling type of style because I think Paul DiAnno is a bada$$ freaking singer so I wonder if he has a so-called special voice for singingAdvice on how to sing Metal?
Alot of it has to do with what works for you. I know that alot of the high pitched screaming is falsetto, and it comes from the diapragm. if you sing that way through your throat, you are going to destroy your vocal chords. As for the gutteral lows, you just have to try out things within your self that work.Advice on how to sing Metal?
Well a voice is part of it but passion and learning play huge parts. I say you become as good as what you listen to, and I usually say that for guitar and drums (I play drums) but I don't see how it doesn't work for singing too. If you like growling, check out Avenged Sevenfold live, and Pantera. And Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden also has a kickass voice. If you wanna be a metal singer, I'm sure you can. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment