Monday, August 23, 2010

I feel disconnected from people, any advice on how to connect more?

People see me as more of a shy person. I don't have much to say. I feel like I have nothing to talk about with people so I feel a bit awkward. I am happy in my life, I just don't live an exciting life, so I don't have much to share. Any advice on how to open up more, or how to connect more with people?





My b/f is one of the few people who ';gets'; me. We chat, and he makes me laugh all the time. Not sure how to get a similar relationship with co-workers and new people I meet.I feel disconnected from people, any advice on how to connect more?
Tips to get connected with others.





1. Take interest in others, ask question they are interested in.


2. Talk about their carrier and success.


3. Don't talk much about you especially don't speak much about your success.


4. Praise others. Even God like praise.


5. Don't wait for others to start talk. Always start talking with others.


6. Don't talk much about your b/f with your other friends.


7. Always try to convey to others that they are somewhat different from others.I feel disconnected from people, any advice on how to connect more?
1.) Warm smile, like seeing an old friend.


2.) Spend no more then 30 sec - 1 min on small talk like the weather.


3.) notice something about thema and ask how they got it.


4.) relate 3.) with your own story or spread out into a broader subject.


5.) add jokes inbetween and eliminate all nervous mannerisms like nervous laughter and hands to face.





6.) at a high point, like after you both laugh at a joke, introduce yourself





ciao
I have the same problem sometimes. Maybe you could talk about the weather, the news, or movies.
always just be yourself .. try starting a convo next time you want to meet someone new just talk about your interest or hobby .. and if there not into it then there not for you ..
It starts with your interest in them and what they have to say.


After I started taking SRI's, my interest in people around me went way up, and hence my interaction with them. I should say that I did have an anxiety/depression problem, and that is why I started taking the SRI in the first place.
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment