Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need help how to patent my idea,I dont want to pay to middle men,I just need an advice?

There are a lot of misconceptions out there about patents and the process. You do NOT need a working model to patent an invention. (I used to work for the patent office.) The requirements for a patent are explained on the patent office site. See www.uspto.gov. They have sections on the basics of patent law and the requirements for a patent. They also have a nice searchable database where you can see if your idea has been previously patented. This should be your first step because many ideas have been patented even if they are not in commercial use. In other words, just because you don't see it on the market doesn't mean it hasn't been patented. If you decide to proceed with a patent, you need a good written description of your invention, usually with drawings and good ';claims';. Claims define the difference between your invention and what has been done before (known as the ';prior art';) The process is complicated so get a lawyer if possible. The USPTO website has a listing of all patent attorneys. Costs vary depending on the lawyer. $4,000 is on the low side and top firms can charge $20,000 or more. Good luck.I need help how to patent my idea,I dont want to pay to middle men,I just need an advice?
First of all, you can't patent an idea - you need a working model of an invention for it to be patentable.





Getting a patent is a complex process, and would be unlikely without working with a patent attorney. Nobody here can give you all the steps you'd need to take.





Read more at the US patent and trademark office website http://www.uspto.gov/I need help how to patent my idea,I dont want to pay to middle men,I just need an advice?
Well youre going to end up paying someone. Either to register your patent, or getting a blue print done of ur idea.





Try:





www.legalzoom.com





or





www.uspto.gov
My friend is in the process of getting a patent. I assist her in getting a lawyer to go over all the legal stuff, because there is a lot. You might want to check this out first!
Get your info or documents from www.legalzoom.com - very nice site. See to it that you have a working model to register the patent. No use to register an idea. Will be rejected.
Contact Tony Bright at http://www.nopieinthesky.net


He's an inventor who has had an invention go to market and now helps other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment