Monday, August 23, 2010

I need advice on how to talk to my parents about moving away to live with my auntie.?

I'm a 14 year old boy, dual nationality - Lebanese/English. For the last 7 years of my life i've been living in England, not optionally. Despite constant pestering and trying to get my point across to my mother (English) she will not move back to Lebanon. My father (Lebanese) is all go for the idea.





But recently I have been having he thought of my parents just sending me to live in Lebanon to study at school, with my Auntie and grandparents. My whole family is there (quite considerably) and 5 of my 6 auntie's from my dad's side, will constantlybe there to help and assist me, not to mention about 15 of my cousins who are roughly the same age as me. I do not want to take GCSE and would rather take Brevet, the French system. I can speak English, a bit of French and Arabic.





I know for sure that my mother will not say yes straight away. I am scared to ask her, but I need to. Do I have an legal advantges on the subject. I really, really want to go and study in Lebanon like I used to.I need advice on how to talk to my parents about moving away to live with my auntie.?
Explain to your parents that you want to go back to Lebanon. You seem to have though the matter through, so now is the time to explain your plan to them. You can always say that you'd like to try it for a few months to see how it would work out - giving both sides a chance to see the advantages/disadvantages.


Good luck!I need advice on how to talk to my parents about moving away to live with my auntie.?
';Going to study in Lebanon Mum and Dad. OK?';


';Just for a couple of Months';
i can tell you love your family dearly as you are searching for their approval.You just have to be patient and understanding.I have a son of your age who chose to live with his father and although at first i was upset i did understand his need to make his own life experiences no matter how i felt.your mum is just worried about you because she loves you and wants to protect you.Be straight with them but make sure they no how much you still love and need them.
you really need to sit down and talk to your mum and explain how strong you feel about this
explain to your parents why you want to go and how much it would mean to you if they agreed you could go maybe they'll both decide it's best to let you go i would be more willing to sit down and seriously listen to the reasons if my children acted adult enough and was really serious about it


good luck
go and talk to your mother about it,she may say no at first,just because she doesnt want you to go,explain how you feel and its what you really want to do,she should be proud that you want to learn this way,i wish you all the luck in the world xx

No comments:

Post a Comment