Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am am an addict, any advice on how to quit?

I am addicted to YA, I need to get my Christmas decorations down, and stuff put away. And other days I put off doing things I know need done, because I can't seem to pull myself away from this site.





So my question is, should I slowly wean myself off of here, or go cold turkey?I am am an addict, any advice on how to quit?
Go take care of what you have to do. We'll be here when you get back. I have to get off of here in a minute, myself. But I'll be back a little later. I know what you mean by addicting, though.I am am an addict, any advice on how to quit?
Cold turkey it girl, cut off the computer, throw a blanket on it or somethin. Its a computer the computer isnt going to pay ur bills now is it. Ya is addictive though. But not to the point where i cant get sh** done. Be brave:)
You need a doctor.
Just slowly away from it.
First of all, you are not the one to determine if you are an addict. There are plenty of people who are not addicts that still have there Christmas decorations up, they call it procrastination.


To answer your Question, wean yourself off. Find some other form of entertainment that pleases you. You may find that your severance from YA is not your only option. Good luck.
Girl just go one done with breakin your computer!!!!!!!!!!! naw im jk! like me im an addict to myspace LOL!! how in the worl happened i don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yeah just get yourself busy in other things not on comp. so much or just be better if you are so addicted to this yahoo thing just come by to ask import. questions or when you are bored!!! or like i said KEEP YOURSELF BUSY IN OTHER THINGS LIKE GOING OUT, PLAYING SPORTS AND STUFF!
Go cold turkey! Get your chores done and then return.
Quite the dilemma that you've found yourself in. Cold Turkey is recommended by many addictions counselors, but many people indeed need a substitute in order to do this: ie: Methadone etc. But weaning slowly can (and usually does) allow the person to make poor choices and say just one more, alright this is the last one. So my advice to you would be to slowly, yes very slowly unplug the machine and put it into a room that is deserted at present. Then as quick as humanly possible remove the decorations and put them in the proper space so you can easily find them next year. After you have completed that task perhaps a brisk walk might be in order or a quick trip to the coffee shop, or even better the mall for some Retail Therapy. While attempting this therapeutic cure you could either window shop or else purchase something to reward yourself for doing what needed to be done and for being away from your machine. On your way home you can develop a strategy for a time line that you can and will stick to when answering and/or posting questions on this site. Best of luck to you in overcoming this addiction and in getting on with what responsibilities you have that need your attention.
You got to go cold turkey for a little while--get those chores done first and we'll be here for you. You'll be able to catch up.
Slowly wean yourself off...
I believe that anyone on here is addicted. But if you are on here all the time, perhaps you are obsessive and should truly go cold turkey. There is life outside of YA.
I have been pretty much cold turkey since before the holiday's. My mind was too busy to sit and think about this.





Just take a minute to read some of the questions ans satisfy yourself with that and then get up and get started.





I needed a break, Some of the questions a while back were getting a little annoying.
Get on myspace, that should solve your problem from being an addict of YA.
Start asking a bunch of mindless questions. That will make your points go way down and help make it easier to leave.
waiting for a good answer because i'm hooked also. I guess setting a time limit and sticking to it is our only hope

No comments:

Post a Comment