Monday, August 23, 2010

I think my g/f may have gotten pregnant on purpose and im looking for some advice on how to ask her about it?

my g/f and i have been dating for about 4 and a half yrs, she's 29, im 22 and a half. About 2 weeks ago she informed me that she was preg and will be keeping the baby. she was on the pill the whole time we were dating (allegedly) so i never used a condom or any other type of birth control. i have a few reasons why i think she got preg on purpose the main one being that i ran into a friend of hers yesterday who congratulated me and said she was happy for us b/c ';she knew how much my g/f wanted a baby'; which was news to me! i just graduated from college and have a good job now and my g/f has been out of college for 7 yrs so financially this isnt a problem, i just am in no way ready to be a dad b/c of the huge change that bringing a child into the world will have on someone's life. just a few month ago she and i were talking about how neither one of us is ready for marriage yet so that isnt an option. on top of this, my mom is gonna kill me! any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanx.I think my g/f may have gotten pregnant on purpose and im looking for some advice on how to ask her about it?
Chances are at her age she felt her clock ticking and thought that if dhe didnt jump now the chance would be gone. If you do ask her about getting pregnant on purpose be cool and dont accuse her (her hormones are a little whack)she might flip out. Just do it smooth say well i was thinking about this and its great but I thought you were on the pill and this wouldnt happen of course I should have always used protection but since it was stated that you were protected I didnt and thought that if your protected status changed that you would have let me know, this makes me feel like you trapped me especially since (her friends name) said congrats I know (gf name) has been wanting one why didnt you say something. So thats my advice for you and just so you know no one is EVER READY for a baby but it happens and you step up trust me I wasnt looking to get pregnant both of my kids were ';accidents'; so to speak but I wouldnt change it and just so you know Im about to be 22 and my husband is almost 24 and our kids are 3 1/2 and 13 months and when our first was born my then bf(husband) was only 20 and we had not been together as long as you and your gf and 2 years after our first kid was born we got married so good luckI think my g/f may have gotten pregnant on purpose and im looking for some advice on how to ask her about it?
You are out of college and financially stable and your mommy is going to kill you? GROW UP!





It doesn't matter how much birth control you did or did not use. YOU HAD SEX - she didn't get herself pregnant.





Advice? Step up to your responsibility.
Updated





1.Your mom doesnt run your life so what she says doesnt even factor





2. Being on birth control is not an automatic, you won't get pregnant. People can get pregnant on birth control. Many women yearn for babies and do not tell their partners because they know that the partner is not ready. That doesnt mean she did it on purpose and the friend may not be reliable





3.If in doubt you should of used a condom as well but that's water under the bridge





4.Sex can bring on babies, You should of factored this in. I know you don;t want to hear that but it is always a risk when having sex





5. and a half years is a long time. Do you not know your girlfriend? Does this sound like something she would do? I don't know if this is the time you should be bringing it up because if you are wrong it could cause alot of problems between you, but if you felt it was on purpose you need to talk to her. Plain and simple. 4 years is a long time. Its not like you guys hardly know each other. Maybe you can make it work. I don;t agree with her saying she is going to keep it without any discussion but in the end it is her body
Sometimes women get pregnant on the pill. They are not 100%. You have been with her for over 4 years, and that's a really long time. Just talk to her and see where things lead. Just think, this could end up being the best thing that has ever happened to you!!
Even if your g/f was on the pill, that is only 97-99% positive that it will work. She could have been in the 2% that get pregnant on the pill. There is nothing you can do about it but be there for your baby. It takes 2 people to make a baby no matter what and this should have been discussed before you started having sex, because anything can happen. Good luck to you. And as for telling other people, I'd wait until she is atleast 3 months because her body can always reject it before then.
I guess the best way would be to just outright ask her. Tell her about the friend mentioning that she wanted a baby badly.





The pill isn't 100%. In fact there was a study released today saying how the newer pills are less effective in order to reduce risks of blood clots and strokes. Regardless, she's pregnant and keeping it. Its your responsibility. If you didn't want a baby, you should have protected yourself. You're an adult, your Mom needs to accept that you've been doing adult things. I'm sorry you're stressing. Calm down and try not to fly off the handle at her. She's in a quite emotional state right now. You'll live, trust me. Best of luck.
It is very possible that she got pregnant on purpose. Many women do this. But that does not really matter now that she is pregnant.
Hopefully you plan on loving the baby and taking care of the baby. If this is the case, don't worry about her motives because it may make you look at the baby differently and it may shape your relationship with your future child.





Rather than worrying about what happened in the past, worry about what you're going to do going forward. Maybe you and/or she need to see a counselor or pastor (if you're religious) to talk about what's next. It doesn't necessarily have to be marriage; but there's a third life at stake and you have to figure out what the best dynamics will be for the two of you and your unborn child.
If you ask her that she may cut you out of the babys life. I was on bc for 3 years and got pregnant my sister on depo on time for 2 years and got precnant it happens sometimes. I would just be happy about the baby because hes always gonna be there you should embrace being a father it is to late to think negatively you have been with her 4 years why not be. shes 29 so it may have been planned. be careful how you hndle it because you may end up paying lots of child support and not being in the kids life execpt every other weekend o and mak sure u get a dna test and check online they have ones u mail in so she won't need to know your doing it
just come out and ask her. i mean you knew the consequences of having unprotected sex yet you did it anyways. she knew the consequences from not taking her birth control on time. so you two need to be adults and work it out because theres another life affected by this.
i was on the pill for 6 years and allergic to latex so couldnt use a condom when i found out i was pregnant my bf thought id done it on purpose so went to the doc to confirm the pregnancy and the doc explained that because i have IBS my pill hadnt worked properly his parents werent very happy and told me to get rid of the baby but at the end of the day its our baby it takes two to tango and we would be the ones with the responsibility i am now glad i didnt listen to his parents and had an abortion as im 25 weeks preggers now and having a girl and we couldnt be more happier think about what u and ure gf want not what others around u want
Sounds like you've have you hands full. I can't say that I'm suprised women her age usually want babies if they haven't had any. There really isn't much option for you now other than be there for the baby. It's unfortunate that she did things the way she did, but it also takes two to tango. If your not prepared to have a baby always wear a condom and if it breaks stop and get another one I always say. Try your best to be there for her and your child and get comfortable with the fact that this woman is going to be apart of your life for the rest of your life, now that you share a child together.
Well, now you've done it.





Get your butt to Leykis 101. The professor may be able to help, but you've screwed up big time.
You play, you pay. Time to take responsibility. She didn't rape you.
you have had a long relationship with her so, just ask her. she may not give you the answer you want to hear. But, you should be able to tell from her reaction if she is telling you the truth. Just for your information I was on the pill when I became pregnant so it just might be that this was something that was not done on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment