Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I have a toddler & infant and need advice on how to make them more affectionate and let us cuddle w/them??

If your gone a lot it is going to be hard at that age . They will be more attached to whoever takes care of them more . You can start by reading them stories . If they are young enough you can take baths with them to that is a great bonding time also . Give them a hug and kiss every time they do something new or good and every time you leave . And always tell them at least 5 times a day or more that you love them and show them as well when you are telling them . Tell them that even when your mad when they have done something wrong also . Hope this helps .I have a toddler %26amp; infant and need advice on how to make them more affectionate and let us cuddle w/them??
I think you should say alot of i love you. Ask for a hug or a kiss.


I have three children and one on the way and with my first I wanted him to hurry up and grow i never treated him like a baby he is now 13 and still gives me a hug.Some parents get loving and spoiling confused. Just be yourself and be loving. Saying please and thank you to the children teaches them to be humble and caring humans. your doing fine it will come naturallyI have a toddler %26amp; infant and need advice on how to make them more affectionate and let us cuddle w/them??
Good luck on this one. Some people are just not the touchy type. I wasn't, my mom told me she had to leave me in my little seat to watch out the window, or I'd scream bloody murder if touched. You might try making it part of the regular routine...eat lunch, cuddle and play ,then nap. Do it the same every day, habits are easily developed. Worth a try..but please, don't force it...you wouldn't want your show of affection to come across as punishment. If one likes it,let the other just watch from near by ,I would think the reluctant cuddler would join in before long. Your lucky to have two little ones, I think I'm a little jealous, my son just turned 30 and my husband passed away last May. Don't let any of your time slip by..use every second to live and love...it can be gone so quickly. Make the life choice to be happy, it IS up to you. Good luck and keep cuddling!!
Dear Mom of two, I also had two children they were two years apart and I was so happy to be a Mom to them. Our daughter was first and she loved to sit close to me and we read books. She would gather her favorite dolls and whatever she loved the most and those moments were so wonderful as I look back. Our son was born next and he joined the story time with his toys sitting on the other side...we did so many things together. What I'm trying to say I guess is keep your children close to you and show them love and they will respond back to you with the same affection. In some families affection is not shown the children are just handled when they need something done for them...and that is all. That is so sad because the child from birth needs to be held and told how much you love them. Every thing you do for them should be done with love. If you have these feelings towards your children that is all that is to be expected. The children will grow up well balanced and live a good life because they got the love and attention from you. You can feed and cloth a child and put a roof over their head...but without love the child is not going to develop mentally into a normal human being. They need some things straight from your heart. God bless you and I hope these words help you be the best parent you can be. Happy New year and congratulations with your new baby and the toddler....Mama Jazzy Geri
Reading books with them might help. Especially right after a bath and before bed.





Mom of 3


ages 10, 7 and 4
  • eye makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment